Based in Viborg, Denmark
Q3 , 2017
In 2nd Studio’s KnightOut, players battle against friends or in arcade mode in stylized castles they design, arm and customize. Players start by building castle walls, adding gates, weapons, traps and more to prepare for battle with up to four players and set the stage for mayhem! They’ll need to choose strategies wisely - bulking up castles with heavy weapons or mastering the sword and taking out opponents in close combat. For solo players, arcade mode challenges players to defend their castles from oncoming menacing forces. 2nd Studio is designing KnightOut as a creative yet strategic game with many different modes and customization options for maximum replayability.
The team has posted a campaign at fig.co/knightout to help raise funds for polishing the game and adding Nintendo Switch as a core platform along with PC for the game’s release later this year. The game changed name from SIEGE! to KnightOut.
- Build a massive castle. Be smart about it and try to counter your opponent, or just make it look really pretty. The choice is yours. Each castle can be built with tons of different pieces and weapons. The system is built around a rock, paper and scissor approach which adds a ton of strategic options.
- Fight to the death. When your castle is in ruins, grab your sword and charge! The snappy controls are easy to learn but hard to master. The melee combat is the perfect setup for an epic duel.
- Raise your arsenal. With a game concept this flexible, the library of weapons we have in store for you is virtually endless, so medieval bazookas and laser catapults are inevitable!
- Flashy Unlocks. If that wasn’t enough you can also rub your great sense of fashion in your opponent’s face ! As you play the game you will gain experience and level up. Each level unlocks items to build, new gear and more. The game will unfold over a period of time and as you level up you will be presented with more options you can use in your defense.
KnightOut - Fig Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Game Expo VAF - Official Selection" Viborg, September 2017
- "Game Scope - Official Selection" Aalborg, August 2017
- "I really like the look of KnightOut!"
- Samuel Horti, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "It’s a great looking game that packs a lot of variety and carnage into its matches, with its fun blend of castle building, siege warfare and close quarters melee combat."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "It looks like a lot of fun just by looking at the trailer"
- Future Beta Gamer, Future Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About 2nd Studio
2nd Studio is a game graphic studio based at Arsenalet in Viborg, Denmark, an internationally known high ground of animation and game development in Scandinavia.
More information on 2nd Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Technical Director, Programmer
Creative Director, Artist
Benjamin Falkenberg Nørskov
Sound Design Intern