Based in Copenhagen, Denmark
March 27 2020
KnightOut is a party game for 2-4 players! Play with and against your friends in a frantic battle. Half the battle is won by building an epic castle with deadly weapons and traps. Charge into sword duels or keep your distance with long range weapons. Each game starts with both teams building a castle outfitted with cannons. Then, all hell breaks loose! Cannon balls fly, stone walls crumble, and your knight takes to the turf, slashing his sword. Once you’ve destroyed your opponent’s base and K.O. the king or queen inside, you win the round. You need three K.O.s to win the match. After each round you can rebuild your castle.
KnightOut will release into early access on Steam March 27 2020 followed by a full release on Steam and Nintendo Switch later this year. Development of KnightOut began in 2017. The same year KnightOut was funded through a crowdfunding campaign at Fig.co. The game reached 204% of the goal. Since then the game have been in development and a ton of new features have been added.
- 2 to 4 player battle - Play against or with your friends in team battle in local multiplayer (You can play with your friends online via Steam’s “Remote Play Together”)
- Build a massive castle - Use your creativity to build your own castle
- Fight in melee combat - It’s easy to learn yet hard to master
- 4 different battlegrounds
- Raise your arsenal - Build different weapons and defenses with 16 items to choose from.
- Original soundtrack by Mike Raznick (Rachet and Clank PS4, Oddworld: Abe’s Oddyess – New “N” Tasty)
- A stylized vibrant art style
- Tons of flashy unlocks
KnightOut - Early Access Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Game Expo VAF - Official Selection" Viborg, September 2017
- "Game Scope - Official Selection" Aalborg, August 2017
- "I really like the look of KnightOut!"
- Samuel Horti, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "It’s a great looking game that packs a lot of variety and carnage into its matches, with its fun blend of castle building, siege warfare and close quarters melee combat."
- Calum Fraser, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "It looks like a lot of fun just by looking at the trailer"
- Future Beta Gamer, Future Beta Gamer
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
About 2nd Studio
2nd Studio is a game and graphic studio based in Copenhagen, Denmark.
More information on 2nd Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Technical Director, Programmer
Creative Director, Artist
Jeppe Broo Døcker
Benjamin Falkenberg Nørskov
Sound Design Intern
Random Dragon Games